How to Forcefully Update a Plugin in WordPress?
If your WordPress plugin is not working properly or you want to re-install it even when it is updated to its latest version, without losing data, you can do this without removing the plugin.
You can do this with both active or deactivated plugins.
1. Login to your WordPress admin dashboard.
2. Under the dashboard menu, hover your mouse over "Plugins" and then click on "Installed Plugins".
3. Locate the plugin you wish to forcefully update and then click on €śEdit€ť.
4. In the editor, locate the text:
Then you will only need to change it to:
Only change the version from a higher to a lower number.
5. Scroll down and click on €śUpdate File€ť. Then go back to the €śInstalled Plugins€ť list and you will see a text like €śThere is a new version of€¦€ť and you will only need to click on €śUpdate now€ť. This will update your plugin€™s files.
Was this answer helpful?
You downloaded a new theme from trusted website and want to install it on your WordPress site...
If you installed a fresh WordPress blog system on your website ,before writing new posts, you...
You can change the display name of your WordPress account which show on a WordPress post or...
You can install a new WordPress theme without having any technical knowledge. It"s so easy and...
It is possible to remove multiple post in your WordPress dashboard. You can also remove selected...